Two Immediate Openings
Instructional Aide – Full-Time & Part-time
St. Mark's Catholic School, Boise, Idaho
St. Mark’s is a preK – 8th grade Catholic school with 300 students. We have a sound plan for reopening school on August 17th including social distancing measures, stringent sanitation measures, mask requirements and needle point plasma ionization technology installed in all classroom HVAC units.
- Under the direction of the school principal is responsible for supporting the Diocese of Boise in its mission to evangelize, catechize, and educate youth in a Catholic School environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recognize and supports the unique Catholic Mission of the school by speaking, acting, and providing instruction assistance consistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church
- Assist the classroom teacher with student supervision including assisting with lessons and field trip planning and related supervision
- Assist with supervision of parent helpers and compliance with safe environment and other school requirements.
- Assist with the school lunch program and playground supervision as necessary
- Be able to communicate effectively with students; be able to help organize classroom learning and materials and field trips to motivate student learning.
- Consistently and effectively assist in the evaluation of student progress.
- Assist the teacher with a consistent disciplinary approach which promotes self-direction and positive self-image, and motivate learning
- Help to maintain a functional and pleasant learning environment
- At all times demonstrate professional responsibility in all tasks assigned; display sound judgment in dress and general behavior
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A working knowledge of and a strong commitment to the mission of fostering lay leadership in the Catholic Church
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent human relations and interpersonal skills; must be a self-starter and be well-organized; must be a team player
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Flexibility in assessing needs and strategies and adapt appropriately in a school environment
- Ability to successfully complete a criminal history and background check
- Clean and neat personal appearance
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, preferred
- Previous classroom experience preferred
Email the following to Donna Gordon, principal, [email protected] :
- Cover letter, explaining your interest in the position
- Diocesan Application for Employment